• English
  • Français
  • Deutsch

Anmerkungen

First Society bottling in 1990.

This distillery is located two miles north of Montrose. It was converted from a former flax mill and known as Highland Esk™, then North Esk™ it drew its water from the river of the same name. Acquired by Joseph Hobbs in 1938, it was renamed Montrose™ and converted to grain whisky production, then sold to DCL in 1954 as Hillside™. Large drum maltings were built here in 1968, and the capacity was increased in 1973. Renamed in 1980, but closed in 1985, its licence was cancelled in 1992 although the maltings are still in use. It is rare as a single.

 Glenesk