• English
  • Français
  • Deutsch

Wolfburn

Anmerkungen

Originally established in Thurso in 1822, Wolfburn Distillery was once a substantial operation site, probably the biggest in the Caithness area, and a successful enterprise, until it ceased production for unknown reasons in the 1850s.

In 2012, a private consortium re-built the distillery approximately 350m from the original site. This proximity ensures that Wolfburn Distillery has access to the same water source as its ancestor: the Wolf Burn stream, which the distillery has been named after. The distillery consists of three main buildings - the distillation plant and two warehouses – and started producing new make spirit in 2013.

 Wolfburn